Even though Columbus Auto Body will handle your claim, there are still a few things you should know. Remember that the choice is yours - don't be forced to an approved body shop that you may not be comfortable with. Make sure to use a certified repair center so that your car is repaired to OEM (like new) condition.
Working with Columbus and the Insurance Company:
- Legally, you are not required to get more than one estimate.
- You have the legal right to select the body shop you prefer.
- Note that the performance quality of different body shops varies. A lower estimate may overlooks safety factors like aligning the front end, aiming the headlights, etc.
"It's Your Baby" -- make sure it's repaired to your satisfaction.
- Note the "Appraisal Clause" in your insurance policy. If the insurance company and Columbus cannot agree on what the repairs should cost, this could provide a means for fair settlement for you.
- After agreement on a price with the insurance company, be sure to follow through to expedite payment to you.
- Payment must be made upon completion of repairs.
- Columbus will provide you with fine workmanship at a fair price. We will work closely with you to assure your satisfaction.
You May Be Entitled To a Free Auto Rental:
- If you are the claimant in a property damage case, you should contact the other party's insurance company to seek approval for a free rental. However, we have been informed that many claimants fail to do so.
- If you have a collision loss and are not covered for rental reimbursement, you can receive such protection for about $50 a year. You must add this insurance before an accident.
- When there is a theft of an auto and the owner has comprehensive coverage, he/she is also entitled to a car rental reimbursement.
If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to contact us, we're here to help you through the claim process and to ensure that your car is repaired and returned to you as quickly as possible.